Please look on our homeschooling page - PE - for details. Good luck everyone.
Inspired by Christ, we grow and learn together,reaching our fullest potential.
I am very pleased to welcome you to St Wilfrid’s RCVA Primary School. I hope that you will enjoy looking through our website and that it will give you an insight into our school community. At St. Wilfrid’s we strive to create a spiritual environment which is exciting, challenging, safe and caring.
Our Mission is that ‘Inspired by Christ we grow and learn together, reaching our fullest potential’
To support our mission we have a committed team of staff who are dedicated to supporting each child. We strongly value the support of parents, grandparents, governors and families in working together to achieve our goals. On our website you will find information, as well as a range of the exciting and fun experiences we offer to our children.
Mrs P Johnstone, Headteacher
CEOP helps children stay safe online. Has someone acted inappropriately towards you online, or to a child or young person you know? You can report it to CEOP by Clicking here and making a report.
Remember if you need immediate help call 999
What is the 30 hours extended entitlement for 3 and 4 year old children?
Qualifying parents/carers, who meet a range of criteria, are entitled to free, high quality early education for 30 hours per week (1140 hours per year) taken over no fewer than 38 weeks. Parents/carers can take up as much or as little of their entitlement as they wish.
What criteria do I need to meet?
The extended free childcare entitlement will be available to parents/carers of three and four year old children in from September 2017 where:
Both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family) & each parent/carer earns on average:
• a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) (for under 25 yr olds) or national living wage (NLW) (if over 25 yrs old), and
• less than £100,000 per year Or
• Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave or statutory sick pay, or
• One parent is employed & the other parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring, or
• One parent is employed & one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits. Please note You do not need to work 16 hours per week, but your earnings must equal at least 16 hours work at minimum wage / national living wage. This equates to a minimum income requirement for a parent/carer over the age of 25 of £115.20 a week, or for 21-24 year old of £107.20 a week. A parent/carer will be eligible if they expect (on average) to earn this amount over the coming three months:
For example, for a parent/carer who is on a zero-hours contract, they will qualify if on average they work two weeks out of every three, and when they are working they get 25 hours of work at the minimum wage. ‘Parent’ means a person who has parental responsibility for the child. In cases where a parent has remarried or is living with a partner, the step-parent or partner must also meet the earning threshold. Foster carers are only eligible for the extended entitlement for their own children (if they meet the criteria); they are not eligible for children that they foster.
How can I apply for a place?
All funding starts from the term following a child’s 3rd birthday, eligibility dates are as follows:
Children born in the period
Eligible from the start of the Term on/following
1st April – 31st August
1st Sept – 31st December
1st January – 31st March
If your child is eligible for a 30 hour place you will be given a code from the government. You will then give us the code.
At present this offer is only going out to St. Wilfrid's parents and carers or families/friends of parents and carers.
We will be opening this offer out to the general public on 5th June. So if you are interested please let us know as soon as possible, as we would hate for you to miss out.
If you are interested, firstly please contact Mrs Dobson in the school office. Tel: 01670 352919. You can then:
Visit www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare for further advice, to see if you are eligible.
If you are, contact Mrs Dobson and give her the code that you have been given.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
EYFS Lead / Senior Leader