Warkworth (Ms King M, T & W Mrs Trood T & F Year 4)
Covid-19 Home Learning
As you will be aware via the website and our Facebook page, the Summer 1 Learning Packs have been distributed to parents. You will find a copy of these below.
- Year 4 English week 1.zip
- Year4 English week 2.zip
- Year 4 English week 3.zip
- Year 4 Maths week 1.zip
- Year 4 Maths week 2.zip
- Year 4 Maths week3.zip
Welcome to Warkworth Class Page!
- Reading Records are handed in and changed every Thursday morning. Please make sure that your child's reading record and reading book are in their bag every day, as we have silent reading and guided reading opportunities throughout the week.
- English homework and Maths homework are to be handed in every Friday. Homework is marked together to consolidate learning and address misconceptions, so it is important that homework is completed and handed in on time each week.
- Spellings are set every Tuesday, with a spelling test taking place every Tuesday morning.
- PE is on Tuesday afternoons, with Mr Crowther from Premier Sports. It is important that pupils have their full PE kit in school each week.
English: The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo
We will be reading the novel together in class. This will inspire a range of writing across different genres, including story writing, informal letter writing and non-fiction pieces.
Pupils will learn about the functions of different parts of the plant. We will find out about pollination and germination and how seeds are spread.
Humanities: The Ancient Egyptians
In this topic we will locate Egypt on a map and find out about the Ancient Egyptian civilisation. We will look at various artefacts to find out what they tell us about Ancient Egyptian life.
We follow advice from the DfE and all photograph subjects have signed permission.
No, schools and local authorities are free to decide on their own policies relating to the use of such images or the release of associated information for their own publicity purposes. We do, however, advise that photographs and video images of pupils and staff are classed as personal data under the termsof the Data Protection Act 1998. Therefore using such images for school publicity purposes will require the consent of either the individual concerned or in the case of pupils, their legal guardians.
Today we went to a Multi-Skills event at Newbigging Sports Centre. The children had a fantastic time and really tried their best in all activities.