Covid Visitor Protocol
Coronavirus Visitor Protocol
Keeping Our Community Safe
As we return to school for the start of the new academic year, please note that visitors are permitted strictly by appointment only, and only when a visit is essential.
If you are visiting our school with an appointment, please make sure that:
- You sign in on arrival
- You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit
- You carry a mask or face covering and wear it as required
- You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre and ideally two metres) from other people at all times.
The key points relating to our risk assessments are covered here;-
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes a clearly defined safe area for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing protocols, including more dedicated hand washing times and hand sanitiser.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- Masks are optional for staff and students; they are freely available for staff.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision.
- All our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our students have been grouped in “bubbles”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises.
- We are enforcing social distancing to minimise face to face contact.
- We have designated discrete, distinct bubble/class drop off and pick up locations to avoid mixing at the beginning and end of each day.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school unless it is essential and by appointment only.
- All staff have been briefed in respect of Covid-19.
How You Can Help Us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, in line with Government guidance.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially if it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs P. Johnstone , Head teacher, on 01670352919 or via